This post contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can find my full disclosure page here.
The pressure to find the perfect gift can make the gift-giving process seem daunting. With the holiday season rolling around, shopping for gifts is at the top of everyone’s to-do list. In this blog post, I am sharing with you my favorite tips on how to find and give the perfect gift.
First, consider how well you know the person you are buying a gift for. If you two have a close relationship, a special gift is always better than a generic one. By choosing an intentional gift, your giftee will appreciate how personal and thoughtful you were. If you are only acquaintances with the recipient, I would consider giving a useful or practical gift instead.
Finding the perfect gift comes down to a few basic things you know about the recipient. Before shopping, ask yourself:
- what do they like to do?
- where do they like to go?
- do they have any particular interests?
- what makes them unique?
While shopping, also keep in mind the recipient’s:
- relationship to you
When choosing the perfect gift, your goal is to find a present that reflects what you know about the person you are buying for. However, don’t be afraid to add a little bit of your personality to help make the gift-exchange memorable. Is there a special moment that has happened between you two? Do you share an inside joke? Use these things to your advantage when choosing a gift for the giftee.
Next, consider the occasion you are giving the gift for. Are you shopping for a birthday, anniversary, special event, or an annual holiday? The type of occasion helps determine the context of your gift, so shop according to the event and celebration. You may give your sister a different gift on her birthday than you would give to her on mother’s day, so shop thoughtfully.
Every person is different, and you may not always be able to find your gift in a store. Keep in mind that gifts are not always tangible. The perfect gift can also be:
- a thoughtful reunion
- a sentimental photograph
- a homemade treat
- a handcrafted art piece
- a memorable experience (i.e., a vacation, a walk on the beach)
- a subscription service
- an act of service (i.e., washing the car, sweeping the floor, a back massage)
There are many reasons to give a gift, but what makes the gift special is the heart of the person giving the gift. As long as you give with love, your gift will be perfect every time.
25 Examples of the Perfect Gift
**click the title to view the item or product
- Gift a Subscription to Audible for the Book Enthusiast
- Ring Video Doorbell as a Housewarming Gift
- Fire TV Streaming Stick with Built-In Alexa for the Movie Buff
- Wireless Bluetooth Karaoke Microphone for the Singing Preteen
- Nintendo Switch for the Young Gamer
- KitchenAid Artisan Tilt-Head Stand Mixer for the Skilled Baker
- Mega Blocks for the Busy Toddler
- Taboo Board Game for Your Game Night Friends
- C Shaped Full Body Pillow for the Pregnant Mommy
- Hatch Baby Rest Sound Machine for the New Baby
- Beard Grooming & Trimming Kit for the Stylish Gentleman
- Magnetic Wristband with Strong Magnets for the Rugged Handyman
- Smoked Spices Gift Set for the Grill Master
- Loose Tea Sampler for the Tea Lover
- 6 Sided Exercise Dice for the Fitness Junkie
- Personalized Cutting Board for the Newlyweds
- Luxury Bamboo Bathtub Caddy Tray for the Exhausted Mom
- Garden Tool Set for the Expert Gardener
- Willow Tree Hand-Sculpted Angel for the Sentimental Family Member
- Ceramic “Boss Lady” Marble Mug for the Fabulous Woman
- Wedding Planner Gift Set for the Bride-to-Be
- Five-Year Memory Book for the New Mommy
- Mont Marte Calligraphy Set for the Creative Person
- The Lego Ideas Book the for Lego Lover
- Luxury Spa Gift Basket for the Laid-Back Lady
I hope this helps!
Do you have a special gift you have received or like to give? Share with us in the comments.🎁