Join me as I challenge myself to read one book per week for an entire year.
The first time I attempted the 52 Book Challenge, it was the summer of 2016 – and I failed miserably. I have always enjoyed a good book – yet it had been years since the last time I picked up a book. I quickly realized that with my kids and the daily hustle and bustle of life, reading for leisure wasn’t a priority to me anymore.
Click here to learn about the benefits of reading daily.
Fast forward to 2021, I’m putting on my big girl panties and I’m challenging myself to complete this challenge. I chose consistency and discipline as my “word of the year” and set a personal reading goal of 52 books or 1 book a week. On January 4st, 2021 I started my challenge and began reading. To keep myself on track, I read at least 10 pages a night or no less than 30 minutes. So far, I have successfully picked up a book at least once a day. You can see my progress here:
2021 Reading Challenge
To keep track of the books I’ve completed, I use a small book journal and a digital tracker on Goodreads. I created a Goodreads account, and updated my Kindle readers. To start reading, I logged into my local library’s website and started borrowing free e-books and audiobooks. Since I have Kindle Unlimited, I can also read some e-books for free.
If you are feeling encouraged by my story, I want you to join me! You can start at any time!
This challenge will:
- push you out of your comfort zone
- challenge you to learn and grow
- help encourage you to read more than you normally do
Does this challenge sound like a big commitment? Good! You will thank yourself when you begin to realize all of the added benefits you gain from adding daily reading into your schedule.
You don’t have to start on January 1st, you can start today! Your challenge will end exactly 52 weeks from the day you begin.
Here’s how it works:
- Choose a book to read.
- Flip to the back of the book and find out how many pages are in the book.
- Divide the number of pages in the book by 7 days. (That’s how many pages you have to commit to reading each day to complete the book within a week.)
- When you complete a book, write down the Title, Author, and date you completed the book.
- Begin reading another book.
Here are the rules of the challenge:
- Read one book per week for 52 weeks.
- Read at least once a day to help reach your goal.
- That’s it!
FAQ about the challenge:
Who can participate in the 52 Book Challenge?
Everyone of all ages can participate.
Is there a specific type of book I should read?
No book is too big or too small. Read books that you find interesting.
Can I read more than one book per week?
How can I share what I read with you?
Find me on Instagram @iamvictoriatiffany !