Thanks to my childhood as an Army Brat (my Dad retired from service in 2017) and a decade of being an Army Wife, I have grown very comfortable with asking “do you offer a military discount?” every time I am presented with a bill at a store or restaurant. If the answer is no, I will gladly pay full price – but who wouldn’t want a few dollars off? Some stores and restaurants publicize their military discounts, while others do not – so I always like to ask…just in case.
Military discounts across America are available to Active Duty, Veterans, Guard, Reserves, and their dependents (those with a DoD issued military or dependent ID).
To my pleasant surprise, more restaurants, stores, and service providers are implementing discounts for military members and their families. Some places offer a discount on the total price, while others designate a special day of the week or year to honor our servicemen and women.
The next time you go shopping, ask your cashier if the store offers a military discount. If the answer is yes, be ready to show your Military ID or Veteran’s card to receive your discount. Most military discounts only apply if you have a valid ID proving you are militarily affiliated.
13 Retail Clothing Stores that Offer Military Discounts for Active Duty and Veterans in 2019
*Discount may vary by location. Ask your cashier for details on their military discount policy.
- Kohls – Military Monday offers 15% off your in-store purchase every Monday. Read more here.
- Old Navy – Military Monday offers 10% off your purchase every Monday.
- Claires – 20% off your in-store purchase when you show a Military ID.
- Express – 15% for military members. Use code 4674.
- Forever 21 – 10% off your in-store purchase.
- Abercrombie & Fitch – 10-15% off at manager’s discretion.
- Aeropostale – 10% off with military ID.
- American Eagle Outfitters – 10-15% off, at manager’s discretion.
- Banana Republic – Amount varies by location. The discount is in-store only, be sure to bring a military ID.
- Under Armour – 10% off online and in-store.
- Wet Seal – 10% off your in-store purchase.
- Children’s Place -10% off your purchase.
- L.L. Bean – 10% off your purchase for anyone with a valid military ID at most stores.
If you or someone you love has served in the military, I salute you! Thank you for your service to our country.
Do you have a favorite store that offers a military discount? Share it with us in the comments below!