This post contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can find my full disclosure page here.
If I had my way, I would live in a t-shirt and leggings. If I had to describe my style, I would say I like to dress comfortably yet practical with a little bit of cute. I like wearing nice clothes, but with three kids always in tow, shopping for myself can feel daunting at times – so I just don’t do it. I always thought only the rich and famous had personal stylists. But now, thanks to the internet, you can now hire a personal stylist online directly from your smartphone. Allume allows you to work with a personal stylist who can help you to revamp your wardrobe with the click of a button.
I always joke around with my husband and say, “When I become rich, the first person I am going to hire is a personal stylist.” I like getting dolled up, but if I can be honest, sometimes the styling process can be grueling. Choosing styles, colors, fits, shoes, and accessories that look good on my specific body type take skill – one that I don’t always have time for.
When Allume reached out to work with me, I was ecstatic. A personal stylist who will shop for me? Sign me up! Allume pairs you with a personal stylist who will take your style preferences and create fashionable looks just for you. My stylist helped me to pick not one, but TWO (one daytime and one date night) looks that I loved. The best part about it? The entire process was done online. No phone calls, no awkward meetings. Just a few clicks on your smartphone or device.
I don’t know about you, but I don’t have much disposable time during the day. From work obligations to the kids, every moment of my is accounted for. That’s why I loved working with my stylist, Taylor. All of our communication was through text messages, making it convenient and stress-free for me to talk to her about my style choices.
Use my discount code SINCERELY50 for 50% off your first styling session (making it just $10)!
If you think you may want to hire a personal stylist online, Allume is the company for you. If it still sounds too good to be true, here is a quick rundown of how the entire process works.
How Allume Works:
1. Go to Allume.co and click get started.
2. Create an account and take the style quiz. The online style quiz takes about 15 minutes to complete and asks questions to help your stylist create the perfect look for you based on your likes, dislikes, and body type. You will be asked questions about your:
- personal style
- favorite colors to wear
- favorite brands
- shoe size
- favorite jean style
- body shape, height, and other sizes
- and more!
3. After finishing the quiz, you are assigned a stylist and an appointment time. You will receive a text message confirming your appointment. The total cost of one styling session is $20, but if you use my discount code SINCERELY50 for 50% off your first styling session, the cost will drop down to only $10.
4. When the time comes, your personal stylist contacts you through text messages for your style appointment. During the appointment, you will meet your stylist and she will ask you a few questions to get to know you and your style preferences.
After you become acquainted with your stylist, she chooses a few outfits, clothing pieces, shoes, and accessories that fit your style. My stylist’s name was Taylor, and we communicated with one another like she was an old friend. I told her what I liked and didn’t like. She used my suggestions and curated several amazing looks for me to choose from.
5. After you find a style, clothing piece, or look you like, it’s time to shop! Your stylist will provide the link to each individual piece to complete your look. Favorite the items you love and learn more about the items you like. Click the link, choose your size, and click “add to cart.”
6. When you have all of the items you would like to buy added to your cart to complete your look, purchase your items, and that’s it! Get $10 off your first order by using my code: GETSTYLED.
My Allume Review
Overall, I give Allume 5 out of 5 stars for customer service. I recommend this personal styling company to any busy woman who doesn’t have the time or desire to do her own shopping. If you think you may want to hire a personal stylist online, give it a try. What do you have to lose? You are worth it.
I had a great experience working with Allume. From start to finish, the overall process took about a week. My personal stylist worked quickly and efficiently to find pieces that I loved. During the styling processes, she chose a few pieces for me that I didn’t love, and I asked her to change them. Without hesitation, she took my request and found better options to replace the things I didn’t like. She didn’t try to change my style but worked with me to find pieces that complimented my style.
I ordered a leather jacket, a sweater, a shirt, and a necklace from my personal styling session. Paired with my favorite jeans (that I already had at home in my closest), my Allume style choices were the perfect additions to create one practical daytime look and one cute but flirty date night look. Allume offers every piece you need to complete your look from shirts, tops, and jackets to shoes and jewelry, you can shop your entire outfit from your smartphone.
Because your stylist is working hard to choose individual pieces that you love, she may have to select your pieces from different brands. With that being said, if you order an entire outfit, each piece may be delivered to you on a different day. My sweater and shirt arrived two days after I ordered. My shirt came three days after I ordered it, and my leather jacket arrived 5 days after I ordered it. If you want Allume to curate your outfit for a special occasion, be sure to order your items at least two weeks in advance since each piece of your look my arrive on a different day. Be sure to use my discount code GETSTYLED to get $10 off your first order.
Leave a Reply